shepard fairey



ras

ras

ras


ras

ras

ras

ras

gustav dore

our boys

death and burial

wm

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blue Moon


I saw you only
through my window;
its frame never moved, you did

turn your face to me, brightening
dawn’s passing; a new day's beginning,
now near burned through, too,

by the endless combustion
that sourced you; was it then,
you split away?

you keep your distance now,
aging surely--perhaps, it’s that,
nothing more;

yet, you balance the night,
then tuck it tightly away,
somewhere, beneath; where

vast vaults of sky
shelter the horizons
you’ll range, but I can’t

know your face, please,
don’t turn away. if it’s bright
now, too bright, yet still, I see

your mystery, finally, I admit,
I can’t reach it; perhaps
I can't hold you

against darkness, again,
this brilliance has me blind;
I'm asking, then,

did you slip away?


No comments: